Here's a fun, effective way to increase auditory awareness and build critical listening skills. Individuals of all ages will enjoy exploring nouns, matching them with photographs, identifying sounds, and playing games that exercise auditory and visual short-term memory.
Suggested for individuals (Pre-K through Adult) with:
• Autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, language-learning disorders, low vision, hearing impairments, cochlear implants, TBI, and aphasia
Nouns & Sounds is an engaging program that encourages individuals to match common environmental sounds with 100 realistic photographs. Of the 100 nouns used in the program, half are acquired by typically developing children by 2 1/2 years of age while the remainder are acquired later. Additional Information or purchase.
This activity automatically assesses a student’s knowledge of common nouns and their sounds and then delivers highly individualized training. Based on a student’s responses, the program moves among three training levels, each with a different amount of instructional support.
Training by Level
Students are asked to match sounds with photographs. You can choose any one of the three training levels to accommodate individuals who need a fixed level of support.
This activity can be used to document pre- or post-training performance.
Three Additional Instructional Activities
• Is this the Right Sound? asks students to decide whether a sound matches or does not match a picture.
• Identifying Noun Sounds asks students to listen to a sound and identify the correct picture from 6, 8, or 12 choices.
• Remember that Sound presents a sound and, after
a short delay, asks the student to identify the correct picture from
two or three choices.
Three Supplemental Activities
• Introducing Nouns and Sounds is a single switch activity that presents one noun and its sound at a time.
• Exploring Noun Sounds lets users explore different sounds from an array of 6, 8, or 12 picture choices.
• Concentrate on Noun Sounds asks students to find two identical pictures from an array of 6, 8 or 12 cards that appear face down.
|Nouns & Sounds||
|1-4 copies||$125.00 each|
|5-9 copies||$87.50 each||
|10-19 copies||$75.00 each||
|20-49 copies||$62.50 each||
|50+ copies||Call for Pricing|
|Network License||Call for Pricing||
Macintosh® System Requirements:
*Users of Mac OS Lion (version 10.7) or later will be required to download and install an application from our web site.
Windows® System Requirements:
Mouse, keyboard, single or dual switch, touch screen, or any other compatible pointing device.